Monday, November 13, 2006

First Warner now Fiengold, Get involved before its too late.

Mark Warner decided some time ago he would not be running for President and this weekend, Russ Fiengold posted on his site Progressive Patriots Fund that he too will not seek the nomination in 2008.

One of the frustrations I have had living in Ohio and being a Democrat is it seems all too often the choices are made for us by others. Are you content with Hillary Clinton being "anointed" the nominee from the Democratic Party for President in 2008?

She may or may not be the right choice, perhaps its Obama, perhaps as has happened many times, it will be someone very few are talking about. In fact perhaps it will be someone like John Edwards.

I know I am not content with party bosses, or New Hampshire or Iowa or South Carolina choosing for me. Thus I have gotten involved with the Draft John Edwards Campaign.

I urge you all to use the links to the right and read the information about John Edwards on the One America Committee web site, then to join the Draft John Campaign.

We are currently planning events in the Columbus area to show John's commitment to fight poverty. We can use your help. Contact me at bucki95@aol.com if you can help work an afternoon for the cause.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I'd certainly support Edwards if he were the nominee, I just don't think there's much of a chance he will be. I think Al Gore is the only one out there with the cash and name recognition to vanquish Hillary.

www.minor-ripper.blogspot.com

6:17 PM  
Blogger Joe R said...

I'm not naive enough to know that money isn't a factor, yet I'm not willing to just sit back and watch the money flow.

How many expected faily unknown goveners of Arkansas and Georgia to rise to the nomination 2 years out.

You know Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter.

Grassroot support brings money.

7:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Edwards was where I cast my vote in 2004, and I expect that if anything, his work on behalf of the have-nots should be an excellent foundation for a 2008 run.

I'm looking forward to eharing more from him. I'd love an Edwards-Clark ticket.

11:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Hillary is the front runner only because she makes good news. How she vote this year and how the Democrats do with Iraq and oversight will determine if she has a chance and who else has a shot. For the record, I think Edwards is a good choice, from who we have seen so far.

micinsider.blogspot.com

ps. would you consider linking to my blog, in exchage for me putting a link to yours?

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home