Friday, March 21, 2008

Context is everything.

As much as I am tired of this topic I came across something that I feel is extremely important.

I like many could not fathom how context would make a difference in regards to the offensiveness of some of Jeremiah Wright’s words. I was wrong. How could the context of the “chicken comes home to roost” statement matter? They weren’t his words. He was quoting someone.

Hold on to your hat. He was quoting former U.S Ambassador Edward Peck who also served as deputy director of President Reagan’s terrorism task force. And here is the kicker, Peck said it on Fox News Channel.

Thanks to Roland Martin a Contributor to CNN for pointing this out.

Read the whole story here

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Dwayne said...

It disturbs me that our national media could be so inept. Obviously Fox News, with Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly, and others has some sort of agenda to keep this country divided. I would think that CNN, MSNBC, and others would have done their homework in regards to Rev. Jeremiah Wright, who has been miscast and unfairly portrayed. This is a disgrace. News should be about truth--CONTEXT DOES MATTER!

8:29 AM  
Blogger Joe R said...

The right wing media objective for decades has been to devide and conquor.

It has worked for them, not only in elections but in ratings.

I do give credit to Roland Martin on AC360 for showing the context finally, but why did it take them a week.

My only hope is that the Fox news types have gone so far this time and become so distasteful that even some of the barely informed are beginning to notice the bad smell.

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home