Why the President will be re-elected.
1. The auto bailout- 2 million jobs and the economy of at least 8 states have been improved dramatically by this one action of the President. Romney will regret the headline “let the Detroit go bankrupt” for the rest of his life. Even though he is trying to distort his record on this at the last minute, the headline and the video of him confirming this stance is haunting him.
2. Are we better off then 4 years ago- To most Americans the answer is clearly yes. If you have investments, wall street has doubled. If you are on Medicare the prescription loop hole closing is saving you money. Though too many are still unemployed, people are forgetting the millions that now have jobs that either they didn’t have or were at risk of losing 4 years ago.
3. Casual Voters-The vast majority of American voters are not as plugged into the day to day world of politics. Though it is often easy for misinformation and changing ones positions to work, Romney has done it at such a pace that even the most casual have seen it and recognized it for what it is. A man who will say anything and believes apparently nothing.
4. The country is evolving- Attitudes are changing. The vast majority of young people do not have the same beliefs on race, and homosexuality that even their parents had. Hate, fear and division not only doesn’t work with casual voters it causes a backlash.
5. Women- Too many Republicans have sad out loud what they really think of women. The fact that Romney hasn’t distanced himself from the comments of Aiken and Murdock that it will be very hard for most women to pull that level for any Republican.
6. Voter Suppression-This is perhaps the biggest backfire in the history of Presidential politics. 4 years ago there was “history” there was “change” there was major excitement and motivation that helped Barack Obama get elected. There was genuine concern that would not be there at the same levels this time. Then came voter suppression efforts and people began to believe someone was taking away their vote. This caused the biggest change in mobilization and motivation perhaps in history. The lines at the early voting venues have been unbelievable. By trying to stop these people from voting the Republican party instead increased the numbers likely to vote by a significant margin.
7. Likeability- The sleaziness and the dishonesty of the Romney campaign has not gone unnoticed. It makes many voters ill just to see his face. Compare that to President Obama and people genuinely can’t help but to like the man personally even if they don’t always agree with him.
The polls have been consistent in one thing. President Obama will win this election. Yes there has been a blip here or there but never has Romney been in the lead in the Electoral college. Romney’s side of course isn’t going to say that, they need to keep their base motivated to vote, The Obama campaign doesn’t want to say that because they don’t want their voters not showing up because it’s a done deal. The media surely won’t say that because they want you to keep watching the news and they want the advertising revenue. Of course it’s important to still vote. But there will be no surprise on election day. President Obama will get 4 more years.